I haven't FINISHED many quilts the past few weeks... my stock of batting was depleted so I mostly just made more flimsies (unfinished tops) that are waiting now in the wings.
The one quilt I HAVE completed, is the red flannel quilt below. I was given a box of little flannel scraps in kids prints, mostly on white or cream backgrounds, so I bought some bright red flannel to contrast against them so that I could use them up. I admit, it's not very "adult" in style, but it's soft and cuddly, and makes a great utility quilt. I was able to finish this one right away because I had a polyester batting that I wasn't using for anything else. Besides, on this quilt I think warm and natural cotton batting would have made it too heavy! I still have some flannel bits left in the box, but I may pass them on to other folks.. I do NOT enjoy working with flannel!!
RED FLANNEL SCRAPPY
Buckeye Beauty with sashings used for this one.
The first of my flimsies waiting, is from a kit called "Magnolia" that was gifted to me by a friend. She wanted to see someone complete it, and I enjoyed working with a kit.. my first experience in doing this! I hope to finish this one pretty soon.
This scrappy was just some black framed scrappy bricks. I like the way black shows off various fabrics!
I'm calling this one "In The Box". I had a lot of postage charms that I wanted to use up, so I made 9-patch blocks of those and surrounded them in black. Then I added some other units to make the blocks larger, and set them with sashing. I like this one, myself!
IN THE BOX
This next quilt is made with blocks that I received in a Christmas BOM swap some years ago. I'm finally getting around to putting it together!
Another swap I was in was this disappearing 9 patch block, done in Civil War fabrics. Not my favorite, but it will suit someone, I'm sure.
CIVIL WAR D9P
I was given a few baby size quilt tops to use for my charity work, so I took one apart and restructured it with some scraps of my own to make it throw size. I feel like the seams are more secure now, so it will hold up better. (In some places, the seams were only one or two threads wide!) The fabric was well worth saving, and ripping doesn't really take all that long! I think this will make a lovely quilt!
RESTRUCTURED GIFTED TOP
I tapped into my "orphan blocks" to make this sampler. I decided to set it using the attic windows design, so I think it's okay.. not a favorite, but not terrible.
ORPHANS IN THE WINDOW
So.... as you can see, I may not be posting finished quilts lately, but I haven't been totally lazy either. LOL!